Re: [Social-discuss] the applications layer

From: Miron Cuperman
Subject: Re: [Social-discuss] the applications layer
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2010 09:22:59 -0800

I think it would be ideal to have applications run in a sanboxed
environment that is controlled by the user.  In the FB model, the user's
private data leaks to third party, and from a privacy point of view, all
is lost.

A better model is to run the application in an execution environment
that is firewalled and sandboxed, so that personal and social
information never leaves the control of the user.  This can be achieved
through something like the Java VM model, or through Unix / AppArmor
type of controls.

--
Miron Cuperman

http://hyper.to/blog/link/category/the-new-web/reputations/