[Social-discuss] Captcha Error while self hosting

From: Robert Wilkinson
Subject: [Social-discuss] Captcha Error while self hosting
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2017 17:23:31 +0100

Hello

I am trying to set up a GNU Social instance (I would like to migrate
a facebook group away from facebook).

I set up GNU Social on one of my machines, and invited one of my
other email addresses to join. The email is sent to the other
address, but when I click on the link I see ...

Bad Request
Captcha does not match!

and the URL is http://mysite/gnusocial/index.php/main/register

I am not shown a Captcha - this is the first page I see.

I guess that I have set up GNU Social incorrectly.

Does anyone know what I have done wrong, and how I should proceed?

Bob