a litle unsure about message threads

From: Gijs Hillenius
Subject: a litle unsure about message threads
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2022 17:29:53 +0200

Hello

It is probably a known issue that discussions involving a poster on
GnuSocial and others on Mastodon don't go as smoothly as we'd hope?

Example:

https://post.hillenius.net/conversation/17967#notice-40831

1) There is this poster that sent a reply to his reply to my post. I
don't really see this second reply.. I mean, I missed it at first, so he
contacted me via other means. I looked and see thta there is this
hyperlink 'in reply' which takes me to his text on his
mastodon-instance.

2) This same poster says that on his instance other users don't see my
(original post).

Else, shall I report this as an issue?

Kind greetings