speech-reco

[Speech-reco] Re: Can I copy this code directly?

From: Bill Cox
Subject: [Speech-reco] Re: Can I copy this code directly?
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 05:10:25 -0400

I talked to one of the authors of the patent.  Actually, it was pretty
cool.  Here's more or less what he had to say:

The technology was never really tried for speech recognition, but he
thinks it has promise.  Compute power was one of the major drawbacks
back then, but that was in the 1970s and early 80s, and compute power
is no longer a problem.  He doesn't know if I can copy the code, but
thinks any good patent lawyer should be able to answer that.  He hopes
that we can copy the code, and that we can find a good use for it.  In
any case, the ideas in the patent are now free for use.

Bill