speechd-discuss

Re: Symbols reading configuration

From: Samuel Thibault
Subject: Re: Symbols reading configuration
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2023 16:33:50 +0200

Hello,

Arkadiusz Kozioł, le mer. 28 juin 2023 16:24:18 +0200, a ecrit:
> In which order symbols dictionaries should be placed in the speechd config?

See speechd.conf, they are loaded in this order:

SymbolsPreprocFile "gender-neutral.dic"
SymbolsPreprocFile "font-variants.dic"
SymbolsPreprocFile "symbols.dic"
SymbolsPreprocFile "emojis.dic"
SymbolsPreprocFile "orca.dic"
SymbolsPreprocFile "orca-chars.dic"

> I have installed latest master of speech-dispatcher, and when orca replacet
> it's internal symbols parsing to speech dispatcher, i can't properly hear
> characters > ' " and maybe something more.

In which situation do you not hear it exactly? This is important since
the details do matter in terms of punctuation level etc. Also, as
mentioned in the issue template on the speechd github page, posting logs
with loglevel 5 help a lot in determining how things are going on your
system.

Samuel