Re: [STUMP] StumpWM and CLISP/NEW-CLX

From: Philippe Brochard
Subject: Re: [STUMP] StumpWM and CLISP/NEW-CLX
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 22:17:01 +0200

Luca Capello writes:

> Hello!

Hi,

> I cannot start StumpWM with CLISP-2.38 (compiled with the NEW-CLX
> support) on a Debian unstable.
>
> Actually, StumpWM compiles correctly via ASDF, but as soon as I
> evaluate (stumpwm:stumpwm) the screen blanks and I've just the
> pointer.  If I switch to another console, the CLISP process exits (it
> doesn't show anymore in the ps output), but the screen remains blanked
> (and the only way to exit is killing the X server).
>
> This is a completely new error than the previous one Xavier Maillard
> reported on Gentoo [1].  As I don't have any output, I don't know how
> to debug it.  And as it seems that StumpWM works with CLISP/NEW-CLX,
> I'd like to use it instead to recompile the stock Debian CLISP with
> the MIT-CLX module.

I've asked for the same purpose on the clisp mailing list because I've
had the same result with new-clx.

Here is the thread :

  http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=15155504
  http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=15155505
  http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=15155506

And it stop here and I havn't done more debuging on this. But maybe
that can help.

Philippe

--
Philippe Brochard    <address@hidden>