Re: [STUMP] stumpish and utf-8

From: Shawn Betts
Subject: Re: [STUMP] stumpish and utf-8
Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 02:01:29 -0700

On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 1:33 AM, Vitaly Mayatskih <address@hidden> wrote:
On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 9:40 AM, Shawn Betts <address@hidden> wrote:

> Thanks! This patch is in git, with a small modification.

Am I right, that string-to-bytes and string-to-utf8 (and their counterparts) are doing the same work?

I don't really know the definitive answer, but I would imagine they don't do exactly the same thing since one always converts to utf8. But perhaps the calls to those functions could really just use the bytes functions and not know the difference.

-Shawn