Re: [STUMP] Self-hosting? Dependency?

From: A . W .
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Self-hosting? Dependency?
Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 04:34:30 -0500

>Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 10:38:31 +1000
>From: "Trent W. Buck" <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: [STUMP] Self-hosting? Dependency?
>To: address@hidden

>On Sat, May 24, 2008 at 03:32:14PM -0500, A.W. wrote:
>> This might seem like a silly question, and I'm not going to remove
>> SBCL, as, well, I want to use it.
>> However, since SBCL itself is more-or-less compiled INTO StumpWM, do
>> you need sbcl on your system still after StumpWM's compiled and
>> installed?
>>
>> I just really like the idea of a self-hosting window manager.

>That's no more "self hosting" than a statically linked ELF binary.

Except for the fact that if StumpWM runs without a separate
installation of a lisp implementation, and it can evaluate common lisp
(such as one's .stumpwmrc), it could compile itself, or at least run
the code(unsuccessfully, as the x server would be busy).

Again, just seeing IF it's true. Could just be the fever's idea, though.