Re: [STUMP] Stumpwm crashes when there is incorrect utf-8 in windows tit

From: Shawn Betts
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Stumpwm crashes when there is incorrect utf-8 in windows title
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 02:50:17 -0700

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 8:04 AM, Alexey Lebedeff <address@hidden> wrote:

> The app that created incorrect title was Licq.
> I made a small change in sbcl variant, so now invalid utf-8 is ignored.
>
> It's not perfect, because it replaces whole title with "<Invalid>" when
> encounters incorrect utf-8, but this is enough for me.

Is clisp affected by incorrect utf-8 from licq?

A slightly better fix might be to have a fallback function that just
converts each octet to a character and for any octet that doesnt have
a character use ?. It'll still look corrupted but at least something
half readable might come in..depending on the string. Anyone have
better ideas?

Maybe the sbcl error has enough data in it to deal with the corruption?

-Shawn