[STUMP] Pidgin's autofocus?

From: Philip M. White
Subject: [STUMP] Pidgin's autofocus?
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 23:19:50 -0500

Hello,

I run Pidgin in a dedicated stumpwm group.  About a second or two after
the main window opens, Pidgin refocuses itself (or whatever the proper
term is) and causes stumpwm to jump to its group without my consent.

More in detail: I create a new group, then exec pidgin using "^T !".  I
split the frame vertically.  Then Pidgin takes anywhere from half a
second to a few seconds to connect to all the services.  Meanwhile, I
switch to another group to continue some other activity.  When Pidgin
finishes connecting, it does something to make stumpwm re-display its
group.  Then I must manually return to where I was.  It's quite annoying
especially when I am typing something into another window.

I admit I'm lazier than I could be -- I've not reviewed Pidgin's code to
see exactly what GTK calls it makes at that time.  I am hoping someone
on this mailing list will know off the top of their head exactly what's
happening.

Is stumpwm complying with some standard for doing so, or is this a bug?

--
Philip