[STUMP] maintainers

From: Shawn
Subject: [STUMP] maintainers
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 16:20:31 -0700

Hi folks,

I've put maintainer tags at the top of all the files in contrib/ to
keep things straight. Not all files have maintainers. If there were a
couple different contributes to the module then I left it blank in
hopes that someone would step up. My motivation is I don't use most
of these modules so I'm just not always the best judge of what are
good patches or what direction a module should be taken in.

In my mind a maintainer would deal with patches that are relevant to
their modules and once they've given the okay, then I apply them to
the main repo. It seems the most seemless way is to have a git repo
and branch that I can pull from for updates.

I've never tried this and am open to suggestions on how to encourage
both the creation and maintainance of stumpwm extensions.

-Shawn