Re: [STUMP] PATCH: added two macros to group.lisp

From: Shawn
Subject: Re: [STUMP] PATCH: added two macros to group.lisp
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 00:40:49 -0700

"Patrick Pippen" <address@hidden> writes:

> with-group-switch and cycle-thru-group was added to help removed some of the
> duplicate code within the group commands.

The pieces of code that these macros replace are so small I don't see
the benefit. There are similarities between windows groups and screens
that could use some generalizing, though. One that comes to mind is
the move-*-to-head functions.

> +(defmacro cycle-thru-group (&optional condition)
> +  "Cycle to the next or previous group based on condition, condition is
> either t or nil."
> +  `(group-forward (current-group)
> +               (cond ((eq t ,condition) (reverse (sort-groups
> (current-screen))))
> +                     (t (sort-groups (current-screen))))))

It seems this doesn't need to be a macro. Also instead of (cond ((eq t
condition) ..) why not simply (cond (condition ..))?

-Shawn