[STUMP] crashing because no screen

From: Rohan Nicholls
Subject: [STUMP] crashing because no screen
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 13:47:25 +0200

Okay, stumpwm was telling me it was crashing, so I copied the backtrace.

I was experimenting with setting the window manager in .gnomerc.

It actually worked, but then was complaining about not being able to
find the screen.

If I evaluated (current-screen) it returned the correct screen.

Git of stumpwm was updated today, and still is borking.  Basically
this error turns up
any time you try to open an application, I am guessing that the window creation
is the problem.  I could change frames and windows that were already
there, just not
create any new ones, and it did not matter if it was being done from a
terminal,
or key bindings within stumpwm.

That is all I know.  I have an inkling that my laptop was giving the
same errors, and that
is a straight up startx setup.  I rebuilt all the needed libraries, so
I don't think they are
the problem.

I was wondering if I needed to export something else into the environment for
stumpwm to pick it up.  I checked and DISPLAY=:0.0 is in the environment.

Thanks for any help, and I have attached the dump.  Just started a new
job, so have
to keep the stumpwm hacking to a minimum, until I have actually done something
useful here. ;)

Rohan