[STUMP] Overlapping frames (reproducible)

From: Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs
Subject: [STUMP] Overlapping frames (reproducible)
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 18:31:33 +0100

Hi.

Michael Raskins has reported a case of overlapping frames but wasn't
able to reproduce it.

I think I can reliably reproduce a case of overlapping frames now, but
the setup is a bit complicated.

I have a frame setup I use for casually watching tv in a small frame
while dicking around on the internet or doing easy work that doesn't
require much concentration.

See attached file .stumpwm-desktop-tv.

I use the large frame in the second column from the left for the main
focus of attention. And when I resize that frame two steps to the right,
I get an error message:

Error In Command 'resize 10 0': The value NIL
                                           is not of type
                                             STUMPWM::HEAD.

With a further resize step, sometimes the "middle frame" will overlap
one of the two frames to its right, or stumpwm will hang.

Sometimes it doesn't hang, but keyboard movement commands will fail.

Also attaching an example of a desktop dump with overlapping frames.

HTH
        Friedel/TauPan
--
        Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs <address@hidden>