Re: [STUMP] contrib/net.lisp

From: Julian Stecklina
Subject: Re: [STUMP] contrib/net.lisp
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 23:51:00 +0100

Vitaly Mayatskikh <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi!
>
> This linux-specific contrib module shows current network activity. You
> can set *net-device* i.e. to "eth0" after module has been loaded,
> otherwise default routing device will be selected.
>
> Tested on latest SBCL and CLISP-2.46.

Nice. Seems to work fine. Some general comments:

It would be nice to put new contributions into their own package. My
stuff uses stumpwm.contrib.name. Otherwise we risk unintentional name
clashes.

Using this contrib I see the mode line flickering sometimes. This is
certainly not directly connected to your code, but sucks nontheless. ;)

Regards,
--
Julian Stecklina

Well, take it from an old hand: the only reason it would be easier to
program in C is that you can't easily express complex problems in C,
so you don't. - Erik Naggum (in comp.lang.lisp)