Re: [STUMP] Stumpwm won't start

From: Shawn Betts
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Stumpwm won't start
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 10:50:03 +0300

On Sun, Sep 20, 2009 at 3:54 AM, Paul R. Bernard <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm using (on gentoo linux):
>
> stumpwm HEAD is now at 9d6cb38 bump version to 0.9.7-git
> sbcl 1.0.19
> cl-clx 0.7.1
> xorg 7.2
>
> At startup I receive the following error and backtrace:

> 6: (XLIB::QUERY-FONT #<XLIB:FONT 9x15bold :0 8388614>)
> 7: (XLIB:OPEN-FONT
>    #<XLIB:DISPLAY :0 (The X.Org Foundation R10503000)>
>    "9x15bold")

This is a problem that has started popping up now and then. It seems
the way stumpwm detects fonts is somehow flawed. It thinks certain
fonts exist when they don't. I'm curious if perhaps there's a font
package on gentoo that you haven't installed? Perhaps you only have
"xft" fonts installed and not the X11 scalable fonts? I've never used
gentoo so I don't know the available packages.

Let me know if that helps.

-Shawn