Re: [STUMP] Problem with pgadmin3 temporarily blocking stumpwm

From: Ben Spencer
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Problem with pgadmin3 temporarily blocking stumpwm
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 19:52:23 +0000

On Tue, Nov 09, 2010 at 10:24:15PM +0100, Josip Gracin wrote:
> When I start pgadmin3, stumpwm gets disabled.  All keyboard events
> seem to end up in pgadmin3, there is no way to reach stumpwm.  After
> pgadmin3 exits, stumpwm continues to function normally.    I've tried
> with stumpwm version 0.9.6 and with the latest from git (commit
> aad7fd8).
>
> Any ideas?  What could pgadmin3 be doing to cause this?

Attached is a patch that appears to fix this issue.  Could you give it
a try please?

Unfortunately I have very little idea what the actual problem is.
There's some kind of crazy interaction going on between pgadmin's
splash window and stumpwm.  I tracked down the breakage to the second
call to xlib:wm-normal-hints via xwin-maxsize-p, but I don't know why
this should be causing problems.  Perhaps Shawn or someone else
knowledgeable could jump in here and explain?

Ben