Re: [STUMP] Seaching commands

From: Michael Raskin
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Seaching commands
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2011 11:01:15 +0300

>That looks useful to me.
>
>However there's a lot of duplicate code in those three functions. When
>I try it one day I'd probably feel like factoring out the duplicate
>parts.
>
>Just my 2ยข

I noticed there is a lot of duplicate code, of course. I just expect that
when someone else tries to use it, there will be suggestion of generalizing
the functionality and so refactoring will give sane convenient general-case
functions.

Maybe there could be a generalized Window Query Support and independent
push-pull-select functionality, but I'd like to get some suggestions
about what functionality is needed. As I have most of what I want to use
in everyday use, I'd like extra input not to design something that cannot
be extended cleanly to support other people's needs.