Re: [STUMP] Why no response about my patches ?

From: Vitaly Mayatskikh
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Why no response about my patches ?
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2011 05:18:53 -0500

At Sun, 6 Mar 2011 20:00:46 +0200, Olexiy Zamkoviy wrote:

> I've sent patch some time ago and have not received response for it.
> First I thought my letters did not reach ML and now I've found them here
> http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/cgi-bin/namazu.cgi?query=olexiy+fix&submit=Search!&idxname=stumpwm-devel&max=10&result=normal&sort=score
>
> If patch is bad than somebody had to tell me about this(I think so) but  why
> I hadn't
> receive absolutely no response ?

This is how opensource works in general: you spend days fixing real
bug or implementing new cool must-have feature, post it to mailing
list and get no response at all.

I guess, the authour/maintainer of the code you've fixed, does not
read mail list, and the rest of maintainers do not care, since they
have never used this code and don't want to bother with it. If you
know the person who wrote the code (git blame), you may want to put
him in Cc to bring his attention to your topic.
--
wbr, Vitaly