Re: [STUMP] Stump on zen !

From: Lionel Flandrin
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Stump on zen !
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 20:14:26 +0000

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 02:41:13AM +0100, Pierre-Yves Baccou wrote:
>    Dear Stumpwm users, this might entertain some of you !
>    I am releasing the source code of zen, a hackable X server written in
>    5500 lines of Common Lisp.
>    More details in the source tarball :
>    [1]http://www.normalesup.org/~baccou/zen/zen-0.5.tgz
>    Enjoy,
>    Pierre

Hi Pierre!

Can you explain what exactly this zen is? If it's an X replacement
that needs an X to run on, I'm not sure I see the point. Is it a
server side implementation of the X protocol? If so, could it be made
to run on something else than X itself, say, directFB for instance?

This sounds very intriguing, you have our attention but now you must
tell us more about it!

Cheers,
--
Lionel Flandrin