[STUMP] Trying to use floats

From: IBMackey
Subject: [STUMP] Trying to use floats
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 13:15:10 -0500

Hi!

I haven't written a request for help in a long time. I'm using linux
mint 10.4, stumpwm 1:20090804. It looks like it compiled on clisp.

I piece together a stumpwmrc. I am pretty much liking the fullscreen
apps. But I have a few, I use that are multi-windowed. Two off the
top, gimp and devede. I read the handling gimp idea, but it seems a
little much for occasional use.  I came up with this:

(defcommand gimp () ()
   "run gimp"
   (gnew-float "gimp")
   (stumpwm:run-shell-command "gimp"))

(define-key *top-map* (kbd "C-G") "gimp")

When activated, Gimp and all windows load fullscreen, no window
decorations, no float. What am I missing?

i.b.