[STUMP] Question about neighbour in tile-group.lisp

From: Stephen Balousek
Subject: [STUMP] Question about neighbour in tile-group.lisp
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 19:45:30 -0700

Hi,

I was reading the recent posts about having the cursor follow a window move and decided to try it out.  I use the :sloppy focus method.

It turns out that my commands don't take advantage of Michael's enhancements to move-focus-and-or-window because they
move windows from one frame to the next in a frameset, instead of directionally (:up, :down, :left, :right).

I dug a little deeper and found that most of the "focus" functions deal with :up, :down, :left, and :right, but not - from a frameset perspective - :next and :prev.

It seems to me that functions like move-focus-and-or-window or neighbour should also take :prev and :next as values for direction in addition to :up, :down, :left, and :right.

Can anyone explain this difference to me?  Is there some kind of history behind these two un-unified sets of direction, (:prev and :next) and (:up :down :left and :right)?

Thanks
- Steve