Re: [STUMP] OTF fonts

From: Christian Brassat
Subject: Re: [STUMP] OTF fonts
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2012 15:30:43 +0000

On Sun, Jan 08, 2012 at 10:12:12AM +0800, Eric Abrahamsen wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Is there any way to specify an OTF font for use in Stumpwn dialogues?
> I'm on arch and have installed ttf-inconsolata, my favorite font, and
> the only place I don't know how to get it working is in stump. Is it
> possible to specify xft fonts for use in stump? Or, alternatively, can I
> convert Inconsolata somehow, so that it can be specified with the
> "-*-*-*-*" notation?
>
> Thanks!
> Eric

Hi Eric,

AFAIK you cannot use xft fonts in Stump. If you really want to, you
should be able to convert Inconsolata to a bitmap font with Fontforge by
lose all anti-aliasing, so the resulting font would probably turn out to
look quite bad...

Christian

--
I used to have a signature. But it was too embarassed to be seen with me.