Re: [STUMP] Reload stumpwm after source change

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Reload stumpwm after source change
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 11:57:59 +0800

On Sun, Jun 17 2012, David T. Harris wrote:

> Diogo,
>   Thank you for the reply.  How exactly does slime work with stumpwm?
>  I compiled stumpwm using the normal ./configure, and make with sbcl.
>  Then I copied the executable into my local ~/bin.  I then put a line
> in my .xinitrc file that exec's the stumpwm in ~/bin when I run
> startx.
>
> At this point how would you use swank to interact with the running
> lisp process?

This link is from the Arch wiki but should work so long as you're using
SBCL (or another multithreaded lisp, probably):

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Stumpwm#With_Quicklisp_.28recommended.29

I'd definitely recommend quicklisp or some other package manager. Then
I've got this in my .stumpwmrc:

(require 'swank)
(swank-loader::setup)
(defcommand swank () ()
 (setf stumpwm:*top-level-error-action* :break)
 (swank:create-server :style swank:*communication-style*
                      :dont-close t)
 (echo-string (current-screen) "Starting swank."))
(define-key *root-map* (kbd "C-s") "swank")

Start that, and run M-x slime-connect in emacs.