[STUMP] Does stumpwm has a REPL ?

From: Michael Raskin
Subject: [STUMP] Does stumpwm has a REPL ?
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 08:33:05 +0400

>If there is no REPL in stumpwm, can we create one ?
>
>(defun repl ()
>     (princ "> ")
>     (loop
>         (shiftf *** ** * (eval (read)))
>         (format t "~a~&> " *)))
>
>But stumpwm cannot eval the above function !

Even forgetting the threading issues (you need to make sure this happy
loop doesn't block the actual work StumpWM is designed to do..), where
are the stdandard-input and standard-output for StumpWM?

It is possible to define a wrapper to evaluate forms with
standard-output collected and shown as a message; this is basically
about using (with-output-to-string (s) (let ((*standard-output* s)) ..))
trick. But standard input is a more compliated thing.