Re: [STUMP] Any body here successfully run stumpwm using ECL ?

From: Dirk Sondermann
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Any body here successfully run stumpwm using ECL ?
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2012 03:33:38 +0200

On 10/11/12 13:35, z_axis wrote:
> I have built stumpwm using SBCL,CCL,CLISP and ECL successfully.
> The executable created by ECL is smallest but it doesnot work.

With the attached patch, I was able to build a working image
using ECL 12.7.1.

The patch contains two changes:
* Adding ASDF as a dependency in stumpwm.asd avoids the error
  "Package ((ASDF . #<ASDF package>)) referenced in compiled
  file NIL but has not been created" when running the image.
* The redefinition of ECL's compile-file-pathname function is a
  workaround to avoid the error "Filesystem error with pathname
  #P"SYS:libLIBCLX.A.NEWEST"." while building the image (by
  preventing library file names from being translated twice).

ECL has to be built...
* with CLX enabled (using portable CLX results in "In function
  OPEN-UNIX-SOCKET-STREAM, the value of the first argument is
  "/tmp/.X11-unix/X0" which is not of the expected type STRING.")
* without thread support (enabling threads results in "Attempted
  to recursively lock #<lock (nonrecursive) "CLX Buffer Lock">
  which is already owned by #<process SI:TOP-LEVEL>.")

--
Dirk