Re: [STUMP] A shell command causes stumpwm freezed

From: z_axis
Subject: Re: [STUMP] A shell command causes stumpwm freezed
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 16:11:10 +0800

At least i wish i can cancel the `ping` and return control to stumpwm.

在 Mon, 29 Oct 2012 15:25:42 +0800,Shawn Betts <address@hidden> 写道:

On Sun, Oct 28, 2012 at 10:30 PM, z_axis <address@hidden> wrote:
I am using stumpwm built with threaded clisp-2.49. There is a user defined
#'sh function as below:
(defun sh (cmd)
    (let ((str (ext:run-shell-command cmd :output :stream)))
        (loop for line = (read-line str nil)
            until (null line)
            do (print line))))

When run (sh "ping 192.168.1.1"), The stumpwm will not do anything. I know
`ping 192.168.1.1` will not terminate unless user break it.

What is an elegant way to handle such a problem ?

As far as I know ping never quits. It just pings endlessly. So you've
written a function that reads ping's output line by line until it
quits, which it will never do. What do you want to have happen?

-Shawn

--
使用 Opera 革命性的电子邮件客户程序: http://www.opera.com/mail/