[STUMP] switching screens

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: [STUMP] switching screens
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 13:17:47 +0800

I've got a laptop with an external monitor, managed I think by xrandr
(?), anyway not Xinerama. The external monitor basically works fine:
I switch between one and two using two xrandr commands:

one.sh:
#!/bin/sh
xrandr --output LVDS1 --mode 1280x800 --pos 0x0 --rotate normal --output DP1
--off --output VGA1 --off

and

two.sh:
#!/bin/sh
xrandr --output LVDS1 --mode 1280x800 --pos 1440x100 --rotate normal --output
DP1 --off --output VGA1 --mode 1440x900 --pos 0x0 --rotate normal

These are commands saved using arandr.

The laptop boots with the external monitor mirrored, and I create the
second display with the second command. The second display is another
frame, but not another screen (ie *screen-list* returns a list of one).
All this works fine.

The problem occurs when I use the first command above to deactivate the
external monitor. The frames collapse into one, and I get a weird thing
where there are two frames on top of one another. Things initially look
normal, but if I split the frame on my laptop screen, I can see half of
the other (fullscreen) frame still peeping around the side. By switching
and resizing the frames and windows and generally banging on it, I can
eventually get it to rearrange the frames properly.

It's not a disaster, but is annoying. I'm calling the above shell
commands via stumpwm user commands, so if there's anything I can run
before or after to clean things up, that would be very easy. Is there
anything I should be doing differently?

Thanks,
Eric