[STUMP] setxkbmap strangeness

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: [STUMP] setxkbmap strangeness
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2013 16:35:19 +0800

I'm on archlinux, and learning the colemak keyboard layout. My Stumpwm
prefix key is set to the usual C-t. I notice that if I run:

setxkbmap us -variant colemak

The prefix key is now located at what appears to be C-f (but is actually
still sending a C-t).

But if I use this:

setxkbmap -option 'grp:lalt_lshift_toggle' -variant ',colemak' -layout 'us,us'

And then hit the left alt and shift keys to toggle in and out of
colemak, Stumpwm continues to see C-t as C-t, even though the "t" key
should now be sending a "g".

It only happens for the first press: in fact I can mimic Stumpwm's "C-t
and then quit with C-g" by hitting C-t C-t. The first is read as C-t,
and the second as C-g.

I realize this is just as likely the fault of xkb internals as Stumpwm,
but I wanted to check here first to see if anyone had any experience
with this...

Thanks!
Eric