Re: [STUMP] Problems (bug?) with bindings in top maps

From: Alex Kost
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Problems (bug?) with bindings in top maps
Date: Wed, 01 Jan 2014 11:58:29 +0400

z_axis (2014-01-01 03:48 +0400) wrote:

> What does "this sequence is just passed to the current window" mean ?
> The following works here:
>
> (defcommand move-window-right (val) (:number)
>   "Move current floating window right by VAL."
>   (float-window-move-resize (current-window)
>                             :x (+ (window-x (current-window)) val)))
> ;...
> (define-key *float-group-top-map* (kbd "s-Left" ) "move-window-right -1")
> ;...

Thanks for the reply.

You are right, it actually works.  And your confirmation that it works
helped me to figure it out.  Thank you very much.

The problem was the following: for some reason when I define bindings in
tile and float top maps with slime, they don't work, but when i put them
in .stumpwmrc and restart stumpwm, everything is OK.

>> But when i press "s-e" (in a tiling group) this sequence is just passed
>> to the current window, though "describe-key" command tells that "s-e" is
>> bound to "time".

That phrase meant that time message didn't pop up when the binding was
pressed and emacs (current window) told me "s-e is undefined".

--
Happy New Year