Re: [STUMP] profiling StumpWM

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: [STUMP] profiling StumpWM
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 17:30:31 +0800

I'm constantly getting laggy prefix-key detection (I thought it had
gotten better, but it hadn't). I hit "C-t", and then the next keypress
or two goes to the active window, not StumpWM. My girlfriend has already
learned that when I send her "go" in Pidgin, I'm not actually telling
her to go anywhere, I was just trying to switch to the other group.

Plenty of other commands, particularly frame- and group-related
commands, take a very user-visible chunk of time to execute. Resuming
from hibernation, it can take seven or eight seconds before StumpWM
starts seeing the prefix key.

I'm quite sure that the problems aren't Stump-only problems, but
something going on with the stump/SBCL on my machine (arch linux, as I
mentioned), but I hope that profiling would help uncover those issues as
well.