Re: [STUMP] Bug: Stumpwm crashes when raising a VirtualBox VM window

From: Ernesto Alfonso
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Bug: Stumpwm crashes when raising a VirtualBox VM window
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2014 15:05:34 -0400

After digging into this further, I discovered that my VirtualBox "host key" (normally right Ctrl) was also mapped into my stumpwm's *top-map*, so I guess that both VirtualBox and stumpwm were trying to gain exclusive acccess, causing the "xlib:access-error".

I worked around this by one or more of the following:
1) Comment out the '(throw :top-level :quit)' in the error-handler function of stumpwm.lisp. Without further workarounds, this will cause VirtualBox to completely steal the keyboard, requiring it to be killed through another tty to regain control of stumpwm.
2) Change VirtualBox Host key to something not mapped in my *top-map* (in this case, I used leftshift+rightshit).
3) Disable the Auto Capture Keyboard option in the same menu