Re: [STUMP] Window Manager does not support MWM hints

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Window Manager does not support MWM hints
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2017 15:45:51 +0300

On Thu, Mar 09, 2017 at 10:54:36AM +0100, Michael Raskin wrote:
> >I don't get it. I don't need windows with borders, and I am not sure
> >of the technical terminology you use. I just know there is sometimes a
> >problem with feh, when I press Q. And I am using -F (full screen)
> >option.
>
> Well, technically StumpWM doesn't and cannot meaningfully support the
> feature in the default mode, because it is supposed to choose whether
> the window is borderless, and in StumpWM there is no choice.
>
> Is the problem just a warning printed or is some behaviour wrong,
> too?

Problem is not that much, but is disturbing, as "q" does not work. So
error message is not disturbing, but exiting the image is not working
due to that, and those were just hints. Mouse exit works. When viewing
many images "q" is very necessary. It may not be problem if the
Stumpwm, but of image viewer.

Jean