[STUMP] StumpWM 18.05 released!

From: David Bjergaard
Subject: [STUMP] StumpWM 18.05 released!
Date: Wed, 30 May 2018 22:17:21 -0400

Hi All,

Just wanted to advertise that I released StumpWM 18.05.

This is mainly a bugfix release.  I am laying the groundwork for dynamic tiling and I plan on developing the following features between now and the next two releases:
1. Support for dynamic tiling and documentation explaining how to write your own dynamic tiling method

2. Color themes: The ability to write themes and have them applied using something like (set-color-theme :gruvbox) with some of the popular themes "out of the box" (gruvbox, solarized, monokai, etc)

3. An interactive tutorial for first-time users.  I'm not sure what this will look like.  I think there will be a series of text windows that will describe the basics and some dummy windows for users to play with.  I would also like a "newbie" mode/option that dumps all the current keybindings to a png/jpg/bitmap and sets it as the root pixmap.  This way new users can have a quick-reference built into their desktop.

I'll also be coordinating the development for xkeyboard for clx.  I'm pretty sure that we'll get better internationalized support for free once clx supports enough of the xkb protocol.  If you're interested in helping please let me know and we can coordinate development.

 Best

David