Issue with Keyboard Input in Web Browsers Under StumpWM

From: York Zhao
Subject: Issue with Keyboard Input in Web Browsers Under StumpWM
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2024 13:36:37 -0400

Hello StumpWM Community,

I'm reaching out for assistance with a peculiar issue I've encountered after a recent system upgrade on Arch Linux. Specifically, I'm experiencing problems with keyboard input in web browsers (including Brave, Firefox, and Microsoft Edge) when running under StumpWM. The issue is that the browsers do not respond to keyboard input at all. However, when I switch to KDE Plasma, everything works as expected, and the browsers respond to keyboard inputs without any problems.

Notably, this issue is isolated to web browsers; other applications do not exhibit this problem. This leads me to believe it might be related to how StumpWM interacts with these specific applications concerning keyboard input handling.

I'm hoping someone in the community might have insights into this issue or could suggest additional troubleshooting steps. Has anyone else experienced similar behavior with web browsers under StumpWM, particularly following a system upgrade? Any guidance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Best regards,

York