summer-of-code

Working for Google

From: James Youngman
Subject: Working for Google
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 14:12:22 +0000

Someone pointed out to me that I should be explicit about the fact
that I work for Google.   I don't propose to add a "Yay!  I work for
Google." signature.  Instead, I'll explain here, once.

I've worked for Google since the autumn 2005, but as far as the Summer
of Code programme goes, I'm not involved in that within Google.
Instead, I volunteer to help the GNU project work on the Summer of
Code.  I have no involvement with selecting mentoring organisations
and have no influence on how many slots Google allocates, and so
forth.  In short, I avoid anything that might be a conflict of
interest with regard to SoC.

If you are ever i doubt, check the From: address of my email.  If it's
my Google address, I'm wearing my (metaphorical[*]) Google hat.
Otherwise I am not.  Since my SoC work is for GNU rather than for
Google, my emails about SoC will be from my <address@hidden> address.

[*] There is an actual as well as a metaphorical Google hat, but I
won't always be wearing the actual one when sending email.

Thanks,
James.