summer-of-code

Re: GSoC 2008: Project Proposal - Common Application Installer

From: Debarshi Ray
Subject: Re: GSoC 2008: Project Proposal - Common Application Installer
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 21:16:13 +0530

> I've an idea about developing a software called *'Common Application
> Installer'
> *for Linux* *which facilitate installation of packages in various formats in
> almost all
> Linux distributions.

Have a look at http://packagekit.org/ They are inviting proposals
under various mentoring organizations. One such organization is
Fedora.

By the way I think you meant GNU/Linux distributions and not Linux
distributions. ;-)

Good luck,
Debarshi
--
"From what we get, we can make a living; what we give, however, makes a life."
    -- Arthur Ashe