summer-of-code

Re: Mentor

From: Micah Cowan
Subject: Re: Mentor
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2011 19:27:52 -0700

On 04/06/2011 07:00 PM, amir wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>   I could not find anyone who wants to be the mentor for my proposed
> project. Does it mean that if I submit my proposal to gnu-project, it
> will be rejected? Or you are going to try to find a mentor for the project?

Without a mentor, it is impossible for your proposal to be accepted (the
GSoC Melange web app won't allow it).

We don't have the resources to try to find every proposal a mentor; for
projects and ideas that aren't on the ideas page, it is the student's
responsibility to find someone with the time and inclination to mentor
for the project. (For projects and ideas that _are_ on the ideas page,
of course, there should really not be anything listed if there wasn't
someone willing to mentor for it.)

--
Micah J. Cowan
http://micah.cowan.name/