summer-of-code

Update on GSoC

From: Rodrigo Rodrigues da Silva
Subject: Update on GSoC
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 23:23:36 -0300

1. I'd like to remember the potential mentors that the student proposal
deadline has been reached, and now it is time to evaluate and score
those proposals.

Excerpts from the Timeline:

--

April 8, 19:00 UTC: Student application deadline.

Interim Period: mentoring organizations review and rank student
proposals; where necessary, mentoring organizations may request further
proposal detail from the student applicant.

April 22:

1.All mentors must be signed up and all student proposals matched with a
mentor - 7:00 UTC

2. Student ranking/scoring deadline. Please do not add private comments
with a nonzero score or mark students as ineligible (unless doing so as
part of resolving duplicate accepted students) after this deadline -
17:00 UTC

3. IRC meeting to resolve any outstanding duplicate accepted students -
19:00 UTC #gsoc

April 25, 19:00 UTC: Accepted student proposals announced on the Google
Summer of Code 2011 site.

--

Aside from that, by tomorrow we need to have at least a reasonable
number of "awesome" and "desirable" proposals in order to input our slot

2. If you have discussed a proposal with a student and has agreed to
mentor a student, please make that clear marking yourself as a mentor to
their proposal. Proposals without mentors assigned will be automatically
rejected at some point.

3. We'd like to involve as much mentors as possible mentors in ranking
proposals, even if those proposals don't belong to their packages - as
long as they feel comfortable rating them. While it is important to have
an outsider's eye looking at proposals, we also have lots of bad
proposals and spam that need to be filtered out, and org admins would
benefit from a little help.

--
Rodrigo Rodrigues da Silva

http://polignu.org