summer-of-code

Re: Regarding GSOC 14

From: Jose E. Marchesi
Subject: Re: Regarding GSOC 14
Date: Sat, 08 Feb 2014 14:59:11 +0100

Hi.

    I would like to know if GNU as an organization require students to
    submit some patches for GNU before getting accepted as a GSOC
    student under GNU. Is it seen as a prerequisite to work under GNU in
    GSOC ?

There is not such a prerequisite in GNU as an org.  But then it is up to
each maintainer to decide how to select their students.  So I guess the
answer is: it depends on the GNU program and the criteria used by its
maintainer for students selections.