summer-of-code

Greetings GNU Community : GSOC Queries

From: Vineet Purswani
Subject: Greetings GNU Community : GSOC Queries
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2016 11:27:45 +0530

Greetings GNU Community,

My name is Vineet Purswani and I am a fourth year Computer Science MTech Integrated student at IIT Kanpur, India. I am interested in knowing more about a project listed on GNU GSOC ideas page - Evaluating, selecting and integrating an Open Source ARM C-compiler into LibertyEiffel's back-end

I have a great interest in Computer Systems, specifically operating systems, computer architecture and cloud computing. I did a project on compiler design, wherein I developed a Java compiler in python using PLY library. I have worked on NACHOS to test some of the scheduling algorithms, demand paging techniques, implemented condition variables and semaphores. I did an architecture project to get my hands on over cache hierarchy techniques and branch & target predictors. I am currently working on computer security projects, wherein I have done control hijacking, privilege separation, learnt about several symbolic execution techniques like DART, KLEE & EXE. I have a basic knowledge of compiler design, databases, functional programming, machine learning and computer security as well. You can find my work here: https://github.com/vineetpurswani

Kindly guide me as to how do I start working on this idea? Which bug fix/enhancement should I work on? Expectations in proposal?

Kindly share any details that you would like to share or any questions that you may have for me regarding this GSOC project.

Let me know what you think. Thanks a lot.

Yours Sincerely
Vineet Purswani
IIT Kanpur