summer-of-code

[gnu-soc] GSoC 2024 Ranking

From: Simon Sobisch
Subject: [gnu-soc] GSoC 2024 Ranking
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2024 21:21:11 +0200

On Sat, Apr 20, 2024 at 11:56 PM Jose E. Marchesi <jemarch@gnu.org> wrote:

Hello participating projects.

At this point you should have received good (or bad) proposals for your
ideas at the GSOC site [1].

Now it is the time for participating organizations to rank the proposals
they would like to accept.  In order to do so, we need to know the
proposals that you (the maintainers of each participating project) would
like to get accepted.

We would like to have a list of ranked proposals by the end of day of
Monday 22 April, so please send to this mailing list the list of
proposals you would like to accept before then.

For each proposal, please make sure:

- That it has at least one mentor assigned to it.
- That you identify it fully and clearly by the full URL in the GSOC
   site.

Tuesday 23 morning we will send a list with a summary of the ranked
proposals to this list.  Then it will be up to Google to decide how many
slots will be given to us this year.

Thanks!

[1] https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com

Thank you for your work on this. Here's the ranking from the GnuCOBOL project (originally with 5 proposals, but 2 duplicates) in order of the student's submission:

1 Implement XML PARSE in GnuCOBOL using libxml2
by Ammar Almorsi

https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/organizations/gnu-project/programs/2024/proposals/details/6crlKvvA

Project size:    small

Primary mentor:  Simon Sobisch
Backup mentor:   James K. Lowden

2 Add source encoding and literal conversion to the GnuCOBOL compiler
by Ahmed Maher

https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/organizations/gnu-project/programs/2024/proposals/details/qXa7h6J4

Project size:    small

Primary mentor:  James K. Lowden
Backup mentor:   Simon Sobisch

3 Java interoperability from/to COBOL modules
by Vedant Tewari

https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/organizations/gnu-project/programs/2024/proposals/details/gdLOvNQH

Project size:    large

Primary mentor:  N. Berthier