swarm-announce

Announcing the first public beta version of Swarm

From: Nelson Minar
Subject: Announcing the first public beta version of Swarm
Date: Mon, 13 May 96 03:38:33 MDT

I am very happy to announce that the first public beta test version of
Swarm is available. Anyone is free to download and try out Swarm, it
is available from the Swarm web pages at
  http://www.santafe.edu/projects/swarm/

Swarm has greatly benefitted from the experiences of our preliminary
beta test group. We hope that this first public beta version will be
solid enough to get work done with. But it is still beta code: in
addition to any bugs that may be lurking about, the system design is
still subject to change.

The Swarm team is heading off to Japan for a week or two to attend the
Alife V conference, so any questions you have may have to wait a few
days to be answered. We have a Swarm user group at
address@hidden: simple questions may be answered there.