swarm-announce

SwarmFest Reminder

From: gepr
Subject: SwarmFest Reminder
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 1996 08:48:21 -0700

I'd like to remind everybody that if you have a preference for
the dates of the SwarmFest, please send them to us.  We're
about to finalize the dates based on inputs from users and
from the SFI.

Thanks.
glen

---------------------cut here--------------------------------------

                        SwarmFest

We are planning to hold a Swarm Users meeting early in 1997, to bring
together all the people who have been part of the Swarm development
and beta processes for a free-ranging, face-to-face interchange of
approaches, ideas, gripes, tale-telling, and (hopefully) fun!

Users will have a chance to present their Swarm applications and
tools, and the SFI Swarm Hive will present tutorials on our views of
how to use Swarm, develop and contribute libraries, and so forth.

We will also hold a number of open discussions on user- community
support, and near and long term issues of the future development
opportunities for Swarm.

Our current tentative dates for the meeting are 2-3 days in the range
Feb. 15-19, 1997. Friday the 14th is Valentines day, and Monday the
17th is the official holiday celebrating Washington's and Lincoln's
birthdays.

We encourage everybody using Swarm to prepare a web page or two on
their work and applications and send us the links before the user
meeting, so that others can get a preview of what is being done with
Swarm by various researchers.  If space on a Web server is not
available, feel free to send us the descriptions in either ASCII or
HTML and we will post it on our site.

More details will follow as the planning evolves.

Please let us know if you would be able to come to the meeting and if
you would like to make a presentation about your work. Send email to
address@hidden with the subject heading "SwarmFest". Any
comments or suggestions for the meeting are welcome!

Cheers!

Chris Langton
  for the SFI-Hive