swarm-announce

The Weekly Pheromone Volume II, Issue 8

From: glen e. p. ropella
Subject: The Weekly Pheromone Volume II, Issue 8
Date: Tue, 6 May 1997 18:27:35 -0600

                         The Weekly Pheromone
                          Volume 2, Issue 8
                             May 06, 1997

   The Pheromone will stand to inform users of the activities and
goals of the hive and user community.  Contributions are accepted that
announce Swarm-related events or activities in any of the growing
Swarm colonies around the world.  To contribute, send e-mail to
address@hidden  The Pheromone is mailed out on Tuesday (or....
maybe Wednesday) if and only if there is information to be
disseminated.

Table of Contents
 III.  Jim Westervelt Contributes GrassDiscrete2d

   I.  Version 1.0.2 Source is Out

   Version 1.0.2 has been released.  The only thing on the ftp site
at present, however, is the source distribution.  The binaries will
be put up as they are generated.  Here's a copy of the 1.0.2 section
of the Release-Notes:

  1. Kernel was made compatible with DEC Unix on the Alpha.
  2. Raster, BLTGraph, and EZGraph "drop" now include Tk frame
     destruction.
  3. "getHeight" and "getWidth" methods were added to ZoomRaster.
  4. Default ProbeMap creation was fixed by returning the correct
     BOOL type within "isProbeMapDefinedFor:".
  5. Float and double format outputs in OutFile were changed to "%15.7e"
     "%24.16e", respectively.

Note:  The Alpha source will not work with libtclobjc-1.1b6.  There
is a crucial type promotion problem in that package.  But, I plan
on putting together a 1.1b7 within the week.  If anybody needs the
change for libtclobjc to get it to work on the Alpha, send an email
message to <address@hidden> and I will pass it on to you.

   Also, the docs have not been updated yet.  But, they will be
when we get a chance.

  II.  Mailing List Archives

   The Swarm-GIS and Swarm-Modelling lists now have web-accessible
archives.  Take a look at:

 III.  Jim Westervelt Contributes GrassDiscrete2d

   We have had our first promising bit of activity on the GIS front!
Jim has built a discrete space that provides an interface to GRASS.
It is available via ftp at:

   ftp://ftp.gis.uiuc.edu/westervelt/grass.swarm.tar.Z

                              =========

The Swarm Pheromone is created by the members of the Swarm project at
the Santa Fe Institute.  For more information on the Swarm Project,
see http://www.santafe.edu/projects/swarm.  Comments, corrections, and
contributions should be sent to address@hidden