swarm-announce

SwarmFest '99: Call for Participation and Registration Information

From: Alex Lancaster
Subject: SwarmFest '99: Call for Participation and Registration Information
Date: 31 Jan 1999 04:37:24 -0700

The UCLA Center for Comparative Political Economy, in collaboration
with the Swarm Program at the Santa Fe Institute, is pleased to
sponsor SwarmFest '99, the third annual meeting of the Swarm User
Group. SwarmFest '99 will begin at 5:00 p.m. Saturday evening, March
27 and conclude at 1:00 p.m. on Monday, March 29, 1999 at the Anderson
School of Management at the University of California, Los Angeles. On
the Saturday, a tutorial session will be run during the day from 10:00
a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Complete registration information, including conference logistics
(timing, housing and travel information) and an on-line registration
form can be found on the SwarmFest '99 website:

 http://www.santafe.edu/projects/swarm/swarmfest99/cfp.html

At SwarmFest, researchers from diverse disciplines get a chance to
share their knowledge and experiences with agent modeling and the
Swarm toolkit. We will also review the results of the annual Swarm
survey and help set directions for Swarm development. The program is
designed both for knowledgeable Swarm users and for anyone interested
in agent-based modeling.

This year the keynote address will be given by Professor Scott Page
from the Department of Economics at the University of Iowa.

During the conference, we will be holding a series of talks including
time for discussion following each presentation. Please send proposals
for presentations, demonstrations, break-out sessions, or any other
suggestions to <address@hidden> or contact one of the members
of the program committee, listed in the contact section of the
SwarmFest '99 website.

In addition to the conference, we will be offering an introductory
tutorial on Swarm on Saturday, March 27. This tutorial will be an
updated version of the tutorial offered at SwarmFest '98. Space is
limited so please register early for the tutorial.

Please fill in the on-line registration form, available at the
SwarmFest '99 website, or alternatively, return the ASCII registration
form (also available at the website) to Irene Lee by fax (505)
982-0565 or by e-mail <address@hidden> by February 28.

We will accept payment either by check or by credit card.  We
recommend that you register and pay for the conference in advance.

Come join us at the UCLA hive in Los Angeles to advance the state of
the art in agent simulation!

  --- Irene Lee, Alex Lancaster (Santa Fe Institute)
      Lars-Erik Cederman, Bill McKelvey, Benedikt Stefansson (UCLA)