swarm-announce

Swarm SFI-Hive Pheromone, February 1999

From: Alex Lancaster
Subject: Swarm SFI-Hive Pheromone, February 1999
Date: 24 Feb 1999 04:03:49 -0700

                     The Swarm SFI-Hive Pheromone
                          Volume 4, Issue 1
                          February 24, 1999

   The Pheromone will stand to inform users of the activities and
goals of the hive and user community.  Contributions are accepted that
announce Swarm-related events or activities in any of the growing
Swarm colonies around the world.  To contribute, send e-mail to
<address@hidden>.  The Pheromone is mailed out if and only if there
is information to be disseminated.

Table of Contents
-----------------

   I. Reminder -- SwarmFest '99 early registration closes on 28th!

  II. Announcement -- 1999 Swarm Survey open for comments

   I. Reminders --- SwarmFest '99 early registration closes on 28th
      (just a few days)!

   A short reminder that the early registration for SwarmFest '99 at
the UCLA Hive closes February 28, 1999.  To avoid the price hike for
late registration, please get your registration in ASAP!  See the web
page for details:

  http://www.santafe.edu/projects/swarm/swarmfest99/cfp.html

  II. The 1999 Swarm Survey open for comments

  We are pleased to announce that 1999 Swarm Survey is now available
for completion using an HTML Form over the web!  Navigate your
favourite browser to:

   http://swarm.santafe.edu/survey99

Please do respond!  We realize your time is precious, however, the
more responses we get the better understanding we will have about the
Swarm community; this translates into better decisions.  It should
only take at most 10 minutes -- much quicker to complete than the
previous email-only versions.  As an incentive, 10 people will be
randomly selected from the pool of respondents to receive either a
free Swarm T-shirt or CD-ROM.

If you lack web access, please e-mail <address@hidden> and I will
e-mail you an ASCII version you can complete.

 --- Alex

--
  Alex Lancaster           |  e-mail: address@hidden
  Swarm Program            |     web: http://www.santafe.edu/~alex