swarm-announce

Wanted: software engineer for SFI agent-based financial simulator

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Wanted: software engineer for SFI agent-based financial simulator
Date: 31 Oct 2000 15:28:06 -0800

The Santa Fe Institute is seeking a software engineer to design and
build a public-domain agent-based financial market simulator, to be
used by a broad community of academic researchers, in a project led by
Doyne Farmer and John Geanakoplos.  The project will study markets and
economies as evolving complex systems with emergent properties.
The simulator will consist of a software library for economic agent-based
market simulations, including diverse methods of order placement and
price formation; agent forecasting, decision making, learning, and
evaluation; and diagnostics, including graphics.  There will be
opportunities for publication in research journals.

The successful applicant should be a skilled designer and programmer
with experience on large, complex software projects.
Good communication and organizational skills are essential.
We are looking for an enthusiastic worker who can make things happen.
Prior knowledge of financial markets is desirable but not essential.
Although the platform is not chosen, we anticipate the primary
languages will be C, C++, or Java, and possibly Swarm.
The salary will be commensurate with knowledge and experience.

To apply, send your resume and a list of three references familiar
with your work, to:

    Market Ad
    Santa Fe Institute
    1399 Hyde Park Road
    Santa Fe, NM 87501

Deadline:  January 1, 2001

Fax:       (505)982-0565
E-mail:    address@hidden

No phone calls please.  We are an equal opportunity employer.
For more information, see:

   http://www.santafe.edu/sfi/Employment/softengr.html