swarm-announce

Swarm mailing list changes...

From: Alex Lancaster
Date: 24 Jan 2003 01:53:05 -0800

Folks,

Here's a heads up on some up-coming changes to the Swarm mailing
lists.

The big news is that we will be changing the e-mail addresses as
follows:

 address@hidden -> address@hidden
 address@hidden -> address@hidden
 address@hidden -> address@hidden

*BUT THIS HASN'T HAPPENED YET*, so please continue to use the existing
addresses

We will be (but haven't yet!) switching to Mailman (which has a much
nicer, web-based subscription management: http://www.list.org/) from
the rather clunky majordomo-based list server.

But this this *hasn't* happened yet (hopefully this will happen over
the next few weeks or so, but it's a pain in the you-know-what to
change the list and involves some co-ordination with sysadmins, so it
may take a little longer, and is the reason that the lists have been
left at the SFI).

The plan is that all subscribers to the existing lists will be
automatically transferred, so you shouldn't have to do anything, and
you will be sent a notice when you have been subscribed with further
information on how you can manage your account, change your
subscription options (such as your e-mail address).

Once the transition has been made the old list addresses
(@santafe.edu) should continue to work for a while to catch the
stragglers who may not be aware of the change, but will ultimately be
phased out.

Remember, this switch HASN'T HAPPENED AS YET, this is just a
heads-up.  I will keep you posted as we go through this process.

Cheers,
Alex
--
      Alex Lancaster |  Swarm Development Group  |  http://www.swarm.org