swarm-announce

[Swarm Announce] Dates for SwarmFest 2005, Turin, Italy

From: Steve Railsback
Subject: [Swarm Announce] Dates for SwarmFest 2005, Turin, Italy
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 08:57:03 -0800

Agent-based modelers:

Swarm Development Group is planning ahead for SwarmFest *2005*. Pietro Terna of the University of Torino (Turin) has offered to host our first European SwarmFest.

The proposed site is the Villa Gualino, a conference center in Torino: http://www.regione.piemonte.it/cultura/gualino/ Villa Gualino is associated with the Institute for Scientific Interchange, which has several research programs in multi-agent systems and complexity: http://www.isi.it .

Pietro tentatively reserved the facility for March 19-22, 2005 (Easter is March 27). But we are wondering if more people could attend if we held SwarmFest after spring semesters at US universities are over- perhaps the first week of June.

We are informed that airfares between US and Europe should not be very different between March and early June--usually they go up in mid-June.

If you think its date could affect your ability to attend SwarmFest Italia 2005, please tell us your preference for either March 19-22 or early June. Do this by sending an email to Pietro *by January 30*: address@hidden .

Thank you,

The SDG Board of Directors

--
Lang, Railsback & Associates